Scotty, my 6 year old, doesn't have a YouTube channel yet, but we have uploaded two videos of him talking about animals. My next step is to create a channel for him. But enough about him...
I want to incorporate more video into this website (besides highlighting Scotty's video, which I will continue to do as well). So, let's make a compilation video.
All authors reading this are encouraged to participate. All you have to do is send me a short video of you introducing yourself—say no more than 15 seconds.
You could say something like...
Hi, I'm Jane Smith. I write the XYZ series, mystery with an edge.
SHORT video to
I'll put a link to your book(s) in the description, so don't forget to give me that link as well.
Tips for making the video
- Be sure to video in a location that has a decent amount of light.
- Be mindful of your surroundings in regard to clutter.
- IOW, the ambiance you'd like to convey.
- Try to minimize area noises.
- Turn off fans.
- Step away from screaming babies.
- And that sort of thing.
- I will filter the noise, but it's best to start with as little as possible.
- Don't start talking as soon as you start recording.
- Best to give me a second or two of silence so I can mix it with other clips.
- Although selfies seem to be the rage, I'd rather someone else hold the camera/phone so that it doesn't look like a selfie.
- Look at the camera, not the person videoing.
- Try to keep the camera as steady as possible.
Email your SHORT video to firstname.lastname@example.org