As many of you are aware, about a month ago, E-BookBuilders put out the word that we would be starting to compile, produce and project manage Multi-author Box Sets, aka book bundles.
The original idea was to only compile box sets of first books in series that had at least 100 4& 5 star reviews. A specific genre list and tentative publication schedule was also worked out.
Then reality set in…
There are so many terrific books out there that are undiscovered by the reading masses that have not accumulated the initially required reviews. Also, there are some great novels that are standalones – not part of a series. And don’t get me started on the new and unexplored genres that are constantly emerging. I didn’t like the idea of those authors that could really benefit from a box set and it’s exposure missing out on the opportunity.
So, while working on two other box sets, we decided to change the overall requirements. Now, all fiction books, no matter genre, sub-genre or even sub-sub-genre will be accepted. From those submissions, each genre and/or sub-genre will be grouped together with other books with a comparable number of reviews. Review tiers will be as follows:
- 10-30 reviews (Tier 1)
- 31-50 reviews (Tier 2)
- 51-70 reviews (Tier 3)
- 71-90 reviews (Tier 4)
- 91+ reviews (Tier 5)
From Amazon or Goodreads or B&N or Smashwords —ONE SITE ONLY DO NOT ADD REVIEWS FROM MULTIPLE SITES TO GET TOTAL REVIEW NUMBERS
- Author signs up on submission form
- When a minimum of 6 titles of similar genre and with a comparable number of reviews, authors will be picked/contacted
- Author will send epub of manuscript, full size cover as well as covers of other books, book descriptions, bio, contact methods to E-BookBuilders
- EBB will do modification of epub, contact cover designer for cover, and arrange for book blast on release day and day after
- Epub modification will included cleaning up code, adding a review ‘reminder’ linking to book page on retailer sites & Goodreads, adding author photo to bio if necessary, add linked ‘bookshelf’ page with thumbnails of author’s other books and a description of each, ect.
- EBB will keep no royalties from the book – project management and freelance formatter only.