Romance Month is officially a smash hit! We've had more than 1,000 votes in the Cover Wars competition. Two books are battling for first place right now (with a third book not far behind). The Scavenger Hunt broke records as well. At the time of writing this post, there are 3,062 entries. More are coming in every day.
What does all that mean?
Eyeballs are seeing the books. Since getting people to even look at your book can be challenging, doing it in a fun environment is a win win. So, if you are a sci-fi author, come join the fun for the Sci-Fi Cover Wars/Scavenger Hunt campaign in October. As with Romance Month there will be three packages: basic, deluxe, and double deluxe.
The basic package is just entry into Cover Wars and the Scavenger Hunt. The deluxe package adds a promo post that is promoted on Twitter, and the double deluxe package doubles everything the deluxe package does. Double deluxe has one extra incentive: either a third book in Cover Wars and the Scavenger Hunt or an additional promo post with Twitter marketing.
So, if you just want to enter one book into Cover Wars and the Scavenger Hunt, your choices are basic and deluxe. If you want two or three books in the mix, you'll want double deluxe.
People will be able to vote for your book once per day, so encourage your family and friends to support you in this way. Of course, that will help our traffic, which is always a good thing for our advertisers, including you and your fellow Sci-Fi writers.
Instead of voting books off each week, the voting process will take place all month long, a new feature which began with the Romance version this month. Weekly posts will update everyone about how the books are doing, though keeping some secrets about the ongoing results is half the fun.
We have a winner!
Scavenger Hunt Details
What will people be scavenging?
Something about your book and your website/blog. There will be lots of ways to earn entries, but the scavenger hunt questions will be at the top of the widget and will be weighed heavier than the other options, which will hopefully encourage participants to look at all the sponsoring books.
Where will the scavenger hunt answers come from?
The players of the scavenger hunt will be directed to an Amazon page. The answer to a question will be found in your book's description. I can't think of a better way to encourage people to pay attention to what your book is about.
take advantage of this special event.
- 2 Scavenger Hunt Questions (Amazon page and a page on your website/blog)
- The Amazon page stop will be located at the top of the widget to encourage play.
- Featured in Cover Wars
- Get all your friends to come vote for your book once per day to rack up votes.
- The winner of Cover Wars gets free promotion as described in this blog post.
- Everything that comes with the Basic package
- A promo post during Sci-Fi Month
- Long term tweets to promote that post
- The promo post and tweets are equivalent to $15 worth of normal advertising on this site.
- Everything that comes with the Deluxe package x 2
- Plus one of the following:
- An additional promo post, such as an excerpt post (promoted long term on Twitter)
- A third book enrolled in the Cover Wars/Scavenger Hunt campaign
After you have purchased a package, send me an email if you'd like. Otherwise I'll email the address you give to Paypal.